My Home in Black and White.
It's not much, but it's mine


Things My Heart Beats for...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hold me down, and i'll carry you home

Making a sleep playlist and I realized how long it's been since I told you what I've been up to musically. Well... I don't mean in terms of me MAKING music, because trust me, no one wants to hear that. Simply put, what I am listening to. Sooooo instead of trying to name every song and/or artist i listen to in the course of my day to day, I think this time I will just share one playlist.

This is what I listen to at night, or whenever finally get around to winding down from my day. I call it my, "oh what a beautiful/ tragic day that I must now wind down from playlist" or "sweet slumber" for short. Here goes.

Augustana - Sweet and Low
Enya - Carribean Blue
Enigma - Return to Innocence
Death Cab for Cutie - Crooked Teeth
Imogen Heap - Goodnight and Go
Radiohead - Karma Police
Missy Higgins - Where I Stood
Keane - We Might as Well be Strangers
Justin Nozuka - After Tonight
Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand in Mine
Regina Spektor - Better/ The Call
Beirut - Nantes
Mumford & Sons - The Cave / Little Lion Man
Kings of Leon - Milk
Anthony Greene - Miracle Sun
The Hush Sound - You Are the Moon

Now, you may be thinking that not too much of this is really new music. I acknowledge that. Most of these songs have been in and out of your head sometime in the past few years. But sometimes after a long day of new adventures or unneccesary drama you just need something familiar to sink into and bring you back down to earth. Keep it simple, do what you want. Listen to what you love no matter how old, weird, outdated or unpopular and NEVER apologize for it. Now break out that Macarena mixtape and lets do this thing!

Peace, Love and the sweetest of dreams my darlings.

xoxo

Starshine

No comments:

Post a Comment


M.I.A, the very definition of crazysexycool
There is something almost magical about 
     walking around without shoes
             for no good reason...

Spending hot summer days at the beach

Christmas in the City

Followers