My Home in Black and White.
It's not much, but it's mine


Things My Heart Beats for...

Friday, June 12, 2009

2 am Cig breaks

It rained today.
The usually quiet suburb street was suddenly noisy with the loud steady drum beat of a rain storm long in progress.
The black asphalt of my driveway was wet and gleamed beautifully like a violent river.
I could see the outlines of all the fixtures in my backyard but it was so dark that the shapes really didn't mean anything.
The silhouette of the trees were the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time.
The summer breeze pushes the rain onto to my feet and the wet cold feeling seems to reach my soul.
But only in the most beautiful of ways.
I close my eyes and breathe in the intoxicating aroma of rain and wet grass and it let it transport me back to happier days. 
Summers spent at camp lying on the field with best friends.
Picnics at Central Park.
Bonfires.
Fireworks.
Candy fights.
Iced Chai Lattes at 11:30 at night followed by two hour car rides during which we talk about absolutely everything.
Leaving my house and having days and adventures that are the definition of love...
I sat outside for nearly an hour listening to the rain and absorbing the sensation the storm brought with it.
I breathe in the sweet air as the water soaks my clothes, skin and hair.
I am cold but I don't dare move in fear that the slightest movement would cause these feelings to fade.
At long last i open my eyes and take my last look before going inside.
I enter the house sad that i have to leave such beauty behind and as i close the door i notice something new.
The sky reflects the ugly orange from the street lights, but for some reason tonight, it doesn't bother me at all.


Tonight, it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment


M.I.A, the very definition of crazysexycool
There is something almost magical about 
     walking around without shoes
             for no good reason...

Spending hot summer days at the beach

Christmas in the City

Followers