My Home in Black and White.
It's not much, but it's mine


Things My Heart Beats for...

Sunday, June 14, 2009

So this is love?!?!?

So I've had this song in my music library for about a year now, but I had never really listened to the words until I heard it playing on the soundtrack at my job yesterday. It is one of those songs that perfect mimics the situations I find myself in all of the time. Even the melody and catchy nature of the music defines my life. The song is called, Nothing Ever Hurt Like You" by James Morrison (who is an incredible talent in case anyone was wondering). The song almost feels like a Lily Allen track because the music sounds so light and upbeat even though listening to the lyrics paints an entirely different picture. I find this song to be absolutely beautiful and love to sing it while going through the motions of my day even though (or maybe even due to the fact that) it explains the ridiculousness that is my life in love (and other categories)...
I think that the end of this song is the part that best describes my behaviors in life, so here are some lyrics.
Let me know what you think

Everything was just a game
Yes you played me good
But I want you, I want you, I want you, I want you, I want you

I got my hands up to take your aim
Ya I'm ready
There ain't nothing that we can't go through
Oh it hit me like a hurricane when you left me
But I'd do it all again for you
I'd walk a thousand miles on broken glass, it won't stop me
From makin' my way back to you

It's like we learn 'til you feel the pain
And nothing ever hurt like you

No comments:

Post a Comment


M.I.A, the very definition of crazysexycool
There is something almost magical about 
     walking around without shoes
             for no good reason...

Spending hot summer days at the beach

Christmas in the City

Followers